Friday, 17 January 2014

15/365 Her

     Another post within not that much of a message. Mostly because of all the reading today I have lost my sight, quite literally. This is a later post, but on this date I watched film Her (2013). This film is unusual and yet it's so touching. It's a love story that can be seen by just one person - Him. Who actually has fallen in love withing an operating system. It's like Siri becoming much more involving, personal and actually feeling. Plus, of course, the effect comes also from the voice itself which is by Scarlett Johansson. And You may fell in love with her voice only.
     This sure is a not an ordinary story that may one day become future of our own, by seeing how technology is becoming such a part of the everyday life. But then again, it's not just about it, it's also a whole level of love and how it looks from one person's view. It's sure a well made and amazing by all the scenes, places and the colour palette of this film is light mostly, which also makes it special.
     It sort of feels like it's on near future, yet how near. Any day there may be someone who's programming would create technology that feels human without being human, without having an actual body. It's isn't just for people who love romance genre, it may not be for everyone, but it will have something to offer to the most as it just is a compelling and poignant story.
     I ended up thinking a lot, how yet I still use devices for their needs, for communicating with others, not using the devices as something to refer to. But as well as I was sure about not having a touch-screen phone some years ago, now I can't imagine not having it. Times are changing, and so are our needs and lifes.
      I suggest going and seeing it, you won't be disappointed and you sure will have this song stuck on your head for a while.
     Here's my favourite quote from the ending part:
     I’m sitting here thinking of all the things I wanted to apologize to you for. All the pain we caused each other. Everything I put on you. Everything I needed you to be or needed you to say. I’m sorry for that. I’ll always love you because we grew up together. You helped make me who I am. I just wanted you to know, there will be a piece of you in me always. And I’m grateful for that. Whatever someone you become and wherever you are in the world, I’m sending you love. You’re my friend to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment