Monday, 10 March 2014

8th and 9th March

     Oh well, the 8th was all about tulips, as for Women's Day, thanks to my men family members. I somehow more likely dislike receiving flowers - the whole concept of getting them is cute, someone has thought about you, plus they look nice and smell lovely, BUT then there is always this where to put them, the water needs to be changed and my cat my push off the vase from the table and, ugh. But just for the purpose of having a bit of life and colours for the upcoming Spring inside, I kept them, of course.
     I thought about taking the photo, but somehow ended up with them being bad, I still may have edit it and add it here, for documentation. I don't know, those two days were spent mostly eating and doing nothing much, yet I didn't ''have'' time for doing something I should have. Somehow I have become a strict deadline person - if there aren't any, I just ut things off. And you know what - it's not the brighest idea. Procratinating does not magically delete the problems (unless you are about to risk things like people trust, job opportunities, being nice to someone...) I have been putting few things for about a month this year. And here goes my wish to change. Ugh, but every moment can be a new start, right? That's the reason I am writing this. I admit, I had already closed all the tabs and about to go to bed, but no, I decided to write this post. Otherwise I would again put myself in situation of not writing anything.

     To quit the unthemed bubbling, I will mention that today (9th) for the first time I saw Woody Allen's film. It may seem extremely unbelievable (he's known and so on), but somehow I had always skipped him, so, there it went - with his newest film Blue Jasmine (2013), which was suggested to me and I must say I liked the way it was filmed and the characters, not so into the story, though, as it seemed quite ''adultish''.
     But there was something about it that kept me interested, so I ended up dedicating this Sunday for watching more of his films. Annie Hall (1977) is amazing, it's surely a must see, as he, being director, is the main actor. And even though it's more of a love story (romantic comedy you may say), it had some moments - made me wonder about how many references I wasn't able to read. Classic for sure. AND it had some neat quotes, I especially loved this one - "I feel that life is divided into the horrible and the miserable. That's the two categories. The horrible are like, I don't know, terminal cases, you know, and blind people, crippled. I don't know how they get through life. It's amazing to me. And the miserable is everyone else. So you should be thankful that you're miserable, because that's very lucky, to be miserable."
      
     Another one was Midnight in Paris (2011) which was a bit of fantasy envolving as there were strange happenings at the midnight (let me ruin it for you - time travelling). But the whole film felt like sightseeing. I loved it to the bits, though I haven't been YET to France, which is silly for being a person who lives on Europe. But I must someday put my money together for a visit someday. Even though I love being to places it has been a while since I have been anywhere abroad. 
     Till then, I will have another two sight seeing films by amazing Woody Allen - Manhattan and Rome With Love. Oh, and that Vicky Cristina Barcelona [: And maybe even the rest of his films, just because they must be great on filming, witty quotes and character development and the scenes, and places.. Everyone should see some bits of his films for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment